Senior Software Developer within embedded systems to Xylem
We’re 12,700 people unified in a common purpose: creating innovative solutions to meet our world’s water needs. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. We move, treat, analyze, and return water to the environment, and we help people use water efficiently, in their homes, buildings, factories and farms. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise, backed by a legacy of innovation. For more information about Xylem, go to www.xyleminc.com
Duties and Service
Xylem Water Solutions are now expanding its capacity within embedded systems development to meet the future requirements from the changing process equipment landscape were the solutions gets more and more software based and our products more and more intelligent.
We are now seeking a Senior Software Developer with at least 10 years of experience within embedded systems to join our development team.
You will be part of a growing team in a growing business. Your primary responsibility will be to design SW architecture and develop software in C/C++ for embedded systems. You will work in an agile environment where you will participate in every stage in software development from requirement analysis, design and implementation to module and system verification.
Key responsibilities includes:
- Responsible for system functional and software architectural design implemented in multiple controller applications
- Define software architectural requirements, i.e. develop Architectural Design
- Develop software architecture for the assigned architectural level fulfilling the architectural requirements
- Understand all requirement sources (customer, strategic, security, regulatory, etc.) as inputs for developing functional and software architecture
- Analyze customer requirements, create SW requirements specification, SW design document and integrate SW
- Develop and maintain a roadmap of architectural features for future deployment
- Define, develop and verify all interfaces to related SW architectural elements are complete
- Describe, evaluate and verify dynamic behavior and interaction between the related SW architectural elements
- Provide technical leadership and decision making to the dev.teams for functional software system related matters
- Identify and resolve software design issues and/or ambiguities found in feature specifications during the software development cycle
- Work with feature owners and requirement analysts to aid in developing functional and software architecture design strategies
- Define and maintain software architecture standards
Xylem provides a possibility to work within a state of the art development team.
Experience, training and personal
We are looking for a candidate with at least seven years’ experience as an embedded software developer in C/C++ (coding, unit testing, code analysis, peer reviews, etc). You have at least two years’ experience with software development standards (according to e.g SPICE, CMM.) Furthermore you have minimum of one year experience leading a team of developers in an agile development.
You have some experience from communication protocols common in automation industry (Modbus, DeviceNet, DNP3) and background within UML modelling and tools. You have extensive experience on CM tools such as GIT or SVN.
A university degree within computer science, electrical engineering, mechatronics or similar is a must.
We are looking for a candidate with excellent written and oral communications skills. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced, matrixed team environment, with a client-centric culture and within an environment of high performers. To be successful you must be able to multi-task and shift priorities as needed and also work effectively with numerous stakeholders types and bring a group to consensus.
Excellent communication skills in Swedish and English, both written and oral are essential.
In this process Xylem Water Solution is working with Level Recruitment. To apply, please visit www.levelrecruitment.com and click on “Find jobs”. If you have any questions please contact Carolina Eskengren 08-120 50 427.
We look forward to receiving your application!
08-120 50 427