Senior UX Designer who wishes to help develop the future of Scania!
It is now time for Scania to move up a gear and accelerate within the fields of digitalisation and development of sustainable services within the transport industry. You now have the chance to help us to grow and develop in these areas! The IJC, Connected Services IT, section is currently awaiting some very important and exciting work on producing the next generation of intelligent IT systems that will help us and our customers to develop our future operations better. Using data from several of Scania's most important information areas, during the year we will deliver services to optimise sales of our trucks, and maximise uptime of vehicle fleets and the majority of our services around connected trailers, among many other things. This area is extremely important for Scania and the pressure on delivery is huge. Scania IT is therefore now expanding dramatically and creating new development teams that will work in an integrated way on operations to achieve our goals. We are passionate about Agile methods and are looking for someone with significant interest in modern system development. You will play a central role in cooperation with development teams and will have many contacts throughout the Scania organisation. The focus is on both development of new innovative ideas and further development of existing systems.
In our work, agile principles permeate our everyday work:
- • Individuals and interactions ahead of processes and tools
- • Functioning software ahead of comprehensive documentation
- • Customer cooperation ahead of contract negotiations
- • Adapting to change ahead of following a plan
You will mainly work on:
- helping development projects to launch using our service through close dialogue and workshops with the projects’ Front End developers and solution architects
- working actively on improving our service with, for instance, improved guidelines and user examples
- cooperating with the drivers of Scania’s branding and participating in important networks for usability architects and Front End developers, among others.
- supporting our customers in usability evaluations and assisting with prototype work
You are passionate about development and familiar with modern technology. You have training within IT/web development. As you will cooperate with many development projects, you will need to be a good communicator in both English and Swedish. Furthermore, you will have a strong interest in technology, a feeling for UX and web design, and drive in improvement work. You will need advanced knowledge of CSS3.
We are looking for candidates with experience of:
- HTML5 and CSS3
- Twitter Bootstrap
- HiFi Prototyping
- Responsive web design
We would also regard knowledge of the following as advantageous:
- Google Polymer
- JS MV* framework, preferably AngularJS
- REST APIs
- Version management using Perforce or GIT, for instance
- Prototype work using Axure or Balsamiq, for instance
We can offer a job where every day is an adventure, where only you set the limit for your future career and where your personal development is just as important as our business. If you would like to know more about what we do and how, please visit: https://www.scania.com/group/en/new-intelligent-services-at-scania/
In addition to career and development opportunities, we can also offer Scania employees other benefits, such as a company car, performance bonuses, a pension, flexible working hours, lunch at reduced prices and much more. If you live in Stockholm, we offer a direct bus service between Stockholm and Södertälje, the Scania Jobexpress.
Contact Aida Baydono (Group Manager) +46 (0)70 081 11 10 or Nina Lidbeck (HR) +46 (0)8 553 713 74.
Your application should include a CV and cover letter.
Selections and interviews will be carried out throughout the application period.
If you have any problems, you can send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate “Job ID 20161037 UX designer” in the subject line. Include a CV and cover letter.
We also need your full name, personal ID number, address, e-mail address and telephone number to ensure your application is complete.