Network Infrastructure Engineer
Lund University, MAX IV , Controls & IT Lund University was founded in 1666 and is regularly ranked as one of the world’s top 100 higher education institutions. The University has 41 000 students and 7 500 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
MAX IV Laboratory has operated successfully for more than 30 years and runs the new MAX IV synchrotron facility in Lund. Fully developed it will receive more than 2 000 scientists annually, from Sweden and the rest of the world. They will do research in areas such as materials science, structural biology, chemistry and nanotechnology. 200 people are currently employed at the MAX IV Laboratory.
MAX IV, inaugurated June 2016, is the largest and most ambitious Swedish investment in national research infrastructure and the brightest source of X-rays worldwide. MAX IV Laboratory is hosted by Lund University.
The smooth functioning of the MAX IV synchrotron facility relies heavily on the efficient and flexible operation of the entire IT infrastructure. Experiments located at the MAX IV beamlines are collecting data which has to be delivered to storage and compute resources on- as well as off-site, to be processed according to workflows specific to various scientific domains. For this purpose, we are currently looking for an innovative network engineer to complement our IT infrastructure team in the development, deployment and operation of a modern computing facility.
The successful candidate will be member of the IT Infrastructure Team, and work in close collaboration with the Controls and Data Management Teams at MAX IV, as well as LUNARC - the center for scientific and technical computing at the Lund University.
Key Work Tasks:
- Development and deployment of an IT automation and orchestration system, working closely with control system engineers and domain scientists
- Integration of network, compute and storage resources into a unified platform supporting scientific workflows
- Participation in the design of the next generation IT infrastructure
- Solid understanding of switching and routing, network virtualization, security and network hardware aspects
- Familiarity with Software Defined Networking principles, working experience with at least one SDN controller platform
- 5+ years software development experience (Python, C/C++, Java or Scala)
- 5+ years experience in enterprise and/or data center network environment
- Experience with automation and orchestration; development and deployment of virtualized platforms, VM and container based
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Fluent in English
Additional meriting qualifications:
- Knowledge of the Juniper networking platform, JNCP certification a plus
- Experience with YANG modelling and the netconf protocol
- Experience with the Ansible platform
- Familiarity with DevOps culture
We kindly decline all sales and marketing contacts. Lund University welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We regard gender equality and diversity as a strength and an asset. Type of employment Temporary position longer than 6 months Contract type Full time First day of employment As per agreement Salary Monthly Number of positions 1 Working hours 100 % City Lund County Skåne län Country Sweden Reference number PA2016/3971
Artur Barczyk, +462229872
OFR/ST:Fackförbundet ST:s kansli, 046-222 93 62, firstname.lastname@example.org
SACO:Saco-s-rådet vid Lunds universitet, 046-222 93 64, email@example.com.