Database/BI Developer for Scania IT Connected Services
We are currently looking for someone highly skilled as a Database Developer who needs a new career challenge. You will help break new ground as we develop Scania's future together. Our task is to develop the next generation of intelligent IT systems that will help us and our customers better develop new business areas. Using data from several of Scania's most important information areas, during the year we will deliver services to optimise sales of our trucks, and maximise uptime of vehicle fleets and the majority of our services around connected trailers, among many other things. This area is extremely important for Scania and the pressure on delivery is huge. Scania IT is therefore now expanding dramatically and creating new development teams that will work in an integrated way on operations to achieve our goals.
You will be part of a development team that is responsible for all elements of application and service development. You will be involved in requirements work, architecture, development, testing and release management. We want you to stand up for the quality of your work and not be afraid to work hard to meet deadlines. You will also have a strong interest in learning more about Scania and will enjoy and be curious about working close to Scania’s business areas.
You will be passionate about Agile methods and have a significant interest in modern system development. You will play a central role in one of our development teams and will have many contacts throughout the Scania organisation. The focus is on both development of new innovative ideas and further development of existing systems. In our work, agile principles permeate our everyday work:
- Individuals and interactions ahead of processes and tools
- Functioning software ahead of comprehensive documentation
- Customer cooperation ahead of contract negotiations
- Adapting to change ahead of following a plan
The position involves participating in work, together with the business as a whole, to further develop our information solutions with a focus on database and BI solutions. You will work on data warehouse design and programming of data loading, data retrieval and reporting. Independently or together with IT colleagues, you will work with the company’s commercial activities to capture their requirements and translate them into sustainable data models. You will have a good understanding of large data warehouses and know how to build high-performance solutions.
We are looking for someone who has worked with Data Warehouse and BI solutions for at least 2 years and has extensive knowledge of data modelling and database design. You will be a ninja in SQL and will preferably have experience of C# and .Net environments. You will have worked on MS SQL Server as a database environment.
You will have experience of:
- Analysing needs, contributing to modelling and design, working on development of reports, analyses, visualisation, etc.
- Experience of BI development
- Experience of Hadoop
- Developing and managing current and future Business Intelligence solutions within: Microsoft (SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
- Experience of cloud solutions such as AWS would be a significant advantage
You will also have:
- The commitment and motivation to work with others to develop, deliver, simplify and improve
- A sound ability to create good customer and supplier contacts
- Experience of Agile development
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English and Swedish
- A university education within IT or equivalent experience
We can offer a job where every day is an adventure, where only you set the limit for your future career and where your personal development is just as important as our business.
Please contact Karolina Hallbäcken (Group Manager), +46 (0)73 067 06 55 or Nina Lidbeck (HR), +46 (0)8 553 713 74.
Your application should include a CV and cover letter.
Selections and interviews will be carried out throughout the application period.
If you have any problems, you can send your application to email@example.com
Please indicate “Job ID 20163543 Database/BI developer” in the subject line. Include a CV and cover letter.
We also need your full name, personal ID number, address, e-mail address and telephone number to ensure your application is complete.