Solution Architect, O2D Process - Production & Industrial Maintenance
Order to Delivery IT is a function within Scania IT responsible for providing IT to Scania's production- and logistics units, includes among other things development and maintenance of IT solutions for production. We are now looking for a profile in charge of Solution Architecture for the O2D (Order to Delivery) Process, Production & Industrial Maintenance, with a more specific angle in SCADA/MES. Scania is currently undergoing an exciting transformation from being a traditional truck manufacturer to becoming a provider of complete transport solutions. Our success requires smart IT solutions due to increase in the use of digital technology. As a result, Scania IT will be an important player in this change process. We can offer work close to operations with technical variation at a company with a very good working environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join us on our exciting journey!
As part of the architecture team, the Solution Architect will be responsible for establishing the optimum technology solution to meet a specific business need. You will focus on individual, or groups of related projects, in accordance with the company's enterprise architecture principles and with Scania Desired IT State. You will work with the Enterprise Architect, business analysts, developers and business representatives.
Your main tasks will be:
- Convert business and technical requirements into an architecture and design that becomes the blueprint for the solution being created
- Formulate architectural designs consistent with strategy, relevant patterns and enterprise architecture principles
- Provide technical guidance for Business Analysts and Development teams throughout the course of the project.
- Plan the technical requirements to transition a design into a working solution
- Having led the design phase of the project, participate in all remaining phases to verify that the design is installed, configured and documented correctly
- Where relevant, assist with assessment of vendor proposals
- Work closely with data architects to ensure information requirements are met in solution design
We expect you to have a university degree in Computer Science, complemented with a few years’ experience within system development. Among others you have good business and IT knowledge, as well as in MES/SCADA and automation environment. Agile method is also an advantage.
In order to be successful you also need to have:
- The ability,to constructively challenge ideas and design approaches
- Strong design, analytical and technical aptitude
- Experience of understanding business requirements and working with key business and technology stakeholders
- Good understanding of multiple architectural design patterns, TOGAF, data integration techniques, SOA and Microservices
- Ability to articulate ideas and be fluent in whiteboard demonstrations
- Excellent architecture diagramming capabilities
- Experience and be comfortable with an Agile development environment
- Verbal and written communication skills, ability to create effective requirements documents and review them with project stakeholders at multiple levels of the organization
- In addition to Swedish, you need to be proficient in written and spoken English
As a person you have a proactive approach and you enjoy taking on new challenges and are motivated by having many things on your table. You like working in a team, but it is also important that you can take the initiative and work independently. We expect applicants to be curious, have excellent problem-solving skills and to have a genuine interest in IT.
In addition to personal and professional development opportunities, benefits such as company car, mutual bonus, occupational pension, flexible working hours, lunch at reduced prices and much more. If you live in Stockholm, we offer a direct bus service between Stockholm and Södertälje, Scania Job Express.
If you need to know more about the position contact Jerome Bourdet (Group Manager), +46 (0)8 553 513 48 or Ann-Louise Rova (Scania Recruitment Centre), +46 (0)8 553 715 16.
Your application should include a CV and cover letter.
If you have any problems, you can send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate “Job ID 20163961- Solution Architect” in the subject line. Include a CV and cover letter. We also need your full name, personal ID number, address, e-mail address and telephone number to ensure your application is complete.