Domain Architect Account Domain
Be part of one of the largest transformation project within European banking
Nordea is looking for an passionate Domain Architect to operate in the Account Domain (AD) organisation. AD consists of six local deposit & loan customer account teams in the Nordic countries. The Account Domain systems belong to Nordea’s core solution and today Account Domain is responsible for around 13.5 million customer accounts and on a normal business day the systems handle 10 – 16 million transactions. Recently it has been decided to replace the existing core banking systems to a standard core package from Temenos –T24. The change journey is driven by Core Banking Program (CBP) and planned to take 3- 5 years, including the decommission of the majority of the existing core / AD system. The plan is thereafter to merge the AD with the organisation for the new core solution. During the change journey it is of highest importance to establish the transition architecture and co-existence setup, secure operational stability within the existing account core system as well as supporting the transformation journey with in-depth competence of the existing landscape. In parallel it will also be of highest importance to continuously simplify the existing core to make the transition more secure. To support this journey, and in general the support of the consumers of account services, a first version of Account Domain Service Target Architect was approved early August. The Account Domain was the pilot in Nordea’s IT organisation to establish the new operating model and deliver first time implementation of the general ideas about the way of working as domains. The Account Domain employs 110 people in the Nordic countries which are split in 6 local units and 2 Nordic units.
Your main accountabilities:
- Ensure stability and support Account Domain minimizing downtime/disturbances and supporting product development and compliance in the current systems.
- Support the simplification agenda within the domain and with important stakeholders (CBP, NEPP, Common data Ware house).
- The first 6 months: Responsibility for a number of Nordics initiatives representing the domain architecture in e.g. supporting the CBP journey and driving the establishment of a domain target architecture.
Key tasks and activities
- Outline the domain architecture roadmap.
- Responsible for the service architecture (e.g. Oracle Service Bus).
- Driver and spokesperson of and Account Domain in the different architectural projects and programs in Nordea.
- An active member in the virtual team working across the Nordic countries with different projects.
- Key Player in solution design and implementation of the new services delivered by the domain.
Who we think you are
Besides being a passionate architect with experience from a complex system landscape in banking/financial environment, we think you are strong communicator who can navigate and drive an agenda in complex organizational and stakeholder environment. We think you enjoy working with distributed teams with multiple cultures and delivers results that operate in a complex content. You have a strong level in English and one of the Nordic languages. You have experience from working with domain architecture and architecture vision steering and governance. Your experience covers working with information architecture, application architecture, technology-security architecture, transition architecture, architecture governance, virtual groups of architects, and operated as a lead architect. Your past experience covers all layers in client server architecture, including SOA architecture and other integration patterns between platforms. Solid experience from a mainframe platform is required. We think you have experience from transition architecture as part of a major migration project.
As a person you must have strong communication skills being able to discuss technology and solution architecture with stakeholders across business and IT. You are motivated to take a mentor role based on a broad experience and knowledge across diverse technology platforms. Thanks to strong negotiation skills you wisely balance many competing requirements and help stakeholders to prioritise. In large workshops you have the ability to take the facilitator role engaging all participants both in-presence and online. You ensure an efficient way to document and structure information around architecture, technologies and roadmaps and you can easily handle different levels of abstraction to align business architecture with technology and guiding implementation. Driving and taking actions to realise our strategy and roadmaps comes natural to you.
What we offer
- Opportunity to be part of the largest Bank in the Nordics, having the most ambitious strategy within this area of all Nordic Banks.
- Great career opportunity to be part of one of the largest transformation project within European banking.
- You will work with the transition architecture and strategic architect issues involving core processes in the bank.
- You will be part of a truly Nordic organizational set-up.
Location and travel
This is a Nordic position that requires travel in the Nordics. You can be located in either Sweden, Denmark or Finland.
The Domain Architect will report to Klas Sjödahl Head of Architecture & Integration. The Account Domain is headed by Helena Degerbrink, BCIO Account Domain.
Please apply at www.mercuriurval.se (ref.nr. SE-11852). Applications will be screened continuously; deadline is the 27th of February. Questions will be answered by Cecilia Lindqvist +46 (0)70 610 56 20.