Senior Solutions Engineer
Solutions Engineers are experienced sales engineering professionals, adept at defining solutions that meet the business and technical requirements of existing and prospective Akamai customers. A Solution Engineer is self directed, capable of leading technical sales activities, managing the customer technical relationship, and assuming subject matter expert responsibilities within Akamai.
About the Team
The Senior Solution Engineer will focus on technical presales and support activities for customers in Online Video, Publishing, Gaming, and Social Media.
The Media team is an experienced group of industry experts and internet technologists working with the top online consumer brands. Having joined Akamai from a range of backgrounds across the industry, they engage with our customers to consult on industry best practices, design and build quality solutions, and always maintain the highest quality customer service.
- Drive revenues by managing the pre-sales technical process and evangelizing Akamai's technology to existing and prospective customers, and to drive new product and service offerings in both Customer adoption and Akamai Development
- Partner with direct sales and Executive Sponsors to educate existing and prospective customers about the superiority of Akamai's services - this includes conference calls, site visits, presentations, technical evaluations, technical objection handling, proposals, and follow up on all customer related issues.
- Engage and oversee in the development of customer proposals, design and delivery, ensuring all expertise, information and recommendations are concisely defined, while meeting Akamai quality control standards.
- Support and educate Sales, Marketing and other internal departments to ensure that customers get appropriate updates, upgrades and event-oriented solutions.
- Show high standards of leadership - actively developing and mentoring less senior staff within Solutions Engineering, Sales and the larger Service & Support organization.
- Work closely with Product Management and associated teams to develop future product direction and strategy - providing valuable input from the field.
- Up to 25% travel required to support presales activities at customer locations when necessary.
- Drive excellent Customer Satisfaction by understanding and over-delivering against Customer expectations
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Management Information System or relevant field.
- 8+ years of overall experience in IT industry or 6+ years of experience plus a Master’s Degree
- 8+ years of experience in technical pre-sales/sales engineering, consulting, and/or other customer facing role consulting on, delivering technical products or services.
- 8+years of experience in Internet technologies, standards and protocols, including DNS, HTTP/HTTPS, Web architecture and design
- Technical programming background - J2EE, .NET, Web Services experience a plus
- Experience with hosting or developing Internet delivered applications, managed security services, enterprise and data center networks, caching proxies, and load balancing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present technical and business related subjects to all audiences.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, drive for results, interpersonal savvy, and customer focus.