Data Center Technician
7 dagar kvar
This role is a unique opportunity to work in some of the most cutting edge data centers in the world. Amazon's data centers are large-scale high-density centers where You will be working on changing the face of Cloud technology in the region.
A Data Center Technician will work as part of the Operations team Whose primary responsibility is the maintenance and upkeep of the data center infrastructure. The candidate May be the primary point of contact for bothering internal customers (for example: Network Engineers, Systems Engineers, Software Developers, Database Engineers, Technical Operations) and external customers (Hardware Vendors, Contractors, Service Providers among others). The position is full time and shift based, operating on a 24 * 7 rotation. The ideal candidate is someone with hands-on technical skills in server hardware, Linux and networking. The Candidate Should Also be proficient in one (or more) of The Following core areas: Scripting and Automation, Networking, Server Infrastructure repair, Linux or Project Management.
- First line escalation point for hardware troubleshooting and technical issues
- Carry out routine network, server hardware replacements and OS related repairs
- Prioritize, escalate and resolve trouble tickets Efficiently. Drive trends and systemic issues identification across the team
- Perform server upgrades, rebuilds, scheduled works as required
- Assist with any projects and operational requirements as directed
- Work with cross-functional teams on a regular basis to complete routine work. Display an understanding of the organization structure and portability to work with Sami.
- Participate in Data Center Power & Cooling events
- Participate in team meetings for metric analysis and daily / weekly goals achievement
- Contribute to the recruitment and development of other team members.
- Engage with Smart Hands in the EU Regional CloudFront POPs
- Adhere to security and safety best practices in the data center
- Identify and help create documentation for use globally
- Identify and help create process improvements relevant to the data center environment
- Interact with third party vendors & contractors
- 2-3 + years of Technical experience with a passion for Technology.
- Advanced knowledge of computer hardware systems.
- Basic knowledge of Linux.
- Experience with one of The Following connection protocols / technologies: SSH, Telnet, IPMI, LILO
- Intermediate knowledge of networking and associated troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated Ability to perform advanced troubleshooting, communicating issues and results to co-workers and escalating to immediate management
- Experience managing multiple projects / tasks Simultaneously and Prioritizing Accordingly
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, displaying excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven Ability and willingness to learn
- Working on a 24 * 7 shift rotation
- Able to lift / move up to 20kg equipment on a daily basis