Global Information Services (GIS) offers a dynamic workplace with a clear agenda to develop a global organization in line with large scale changes both within IT and the business. A strong team of co-workers and challenging varied roles that aim to stretch and expand the value IT delivers within the organization.
Manufacturing IT Husqvarna Brand Division is a new department. The departments responsibility is to manage all IT activities related to Manufacturing globally within Husqvarna Brand Division.
The Program Manager will be responsible for governance, guidance and support projects fulfill the Manufacturing IT long term objectives. You will have the responsibility for leading a cross-functional project portfolio, effectively managing a full range of stakeholders, driving projects successfully towards defined and agreed results, and promoting project success. This position is also responsible for taking on Project Management role for projects when the workload allows that and then meeting project specifications to include time, cost and quality/functionality.
Additionally, the Program Manager is expected to:
- Lead and mentor Project Managers
- Managing Manufacturing IT project portfolio and steer towards the departments objectives.
- Proactively identify project risks and generate alternative mitigation plans together with responsible Project Managers.
- Build/lead project teams where people are united by and driven towards the shared goal.
- Inspire innovation and creativity and motivate the team.
- Demonstrate successful project completion.
- Master all relevant interfaces within and outside Manufacturing IT.
- Proactively seek continuous improvement (i.e. identify gaps & recommend improvements) always in close cooperation with Project Managers.
- Participate in Program/Project Managers network within Husqvarna GIS learning and sharing knowledge with others.
- Creating and managing project plans.
- Contribute with project management knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to a broad range of tasks in order for all projects within the program to meet requirements and to deliver the end result for a particular project.
- Manage the overall planning, control, status reporting, stability and delivery of complex projects across several functions to ensure delivery on plan to time, cost and quality.
- Assist with leading, building and developing the project team(s).Encourage personal leadership from each team member
- Facilitate steering team meetings on a regular basis, to include administering and leading meeting discussions.
- Communicate with all relevant stakeholders within and outside the project, Manufacturing IT and other business units.
- Proactively engage in resource planning, upfront commitment from the organization, and reporting to manage deviations.
- Proactively identify project risks and define mitigation plans.
- Report project progress/ risks and issues to relevant decision bodies at an early stage.
- Ensure project management methods compliance and ensure all requirements are fulfilled for gate passages.
- Manage lessons learned post projects and ensure that lessons learned are brought back to newly started projects within Manufacturing IT.
- Participate actively in creating standard approach, in developing and improving project management tools and methodologies.
Qualifications (Education and Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of five (5+) years of professional experience in project management with disciplines in development, testing and/or sourcing.
- Experience from working with models, methods and tools for project management.
- Experience and track record in project planning to include: planning project budgets and all projects financials as well as the permanent monitoring of project costs and product costs; establishing realistic project timelines; creating Work Breakdown Structures; stakeholder management; and risk management and mitigation.
- Experience from leading complex projects developing and roll out IT Solutions.
- Professional certification (e.g. PMP)
- Experience in leading multi-cultural teams
- Experience from leading larger programs
Skills and Capabilities (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
Required Project Management
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, including the ability to effectively influence outside area of authority and mentor less experienced project managers.
- Mastery level knowledge of project management process and techniques, along with a demonstrated ability to identify process gaps, understand project priorities, set clear goals and targets, and lead projects with minimal direction and positive results.
- Ability to effectively manage issues at the program and projects level and proactively identify when issues may turn into a risk and need to be escalated to the Steering Team
- Strong expertise of phase gate development process and extensive understanding of Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and developing project critical path.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency level with MS Office software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project). Familiarity with MRP/PLM systems.
- Interest in learning and understanding the business manufacturing processes and solutions.
- Excellent time management and follow-up skills.
- Detail-oriented and demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to professionally represent the project status to Steering Team
- Strong initiative and ability to be self-directed in completing tasks and function with minimal supervision.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptive to internal processes and change, delays or unexpected events.
- Ability to travel
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours, including overtime and weekends
- Leading multi-cultural teams
- Very high level of social skills
- Knowledge and/or experience with Product Creation Process (PCP), Husqvarna Project Management (HPM), and Production Preparation Process (3P), and SmarTeam
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Majority of time is spent in a general office environment. Potential physical demands include, but are not limited to: minimal sitting, frequent walking in factory environment with a lot of stairways. Potential sensory demands include, but are not limited to: hearing and seeing. Regular time is spent in a manufacturing plant environment. Potential exposure may include, but is not limited to: solvents, dusts, noise, heat, outside weather conditions, cramped spaces, and building construction areas.
If this is the right challenge for you apply by sending us your CV and personal letter latest by January 7th.
For more information about the recruitment process or the position, please contact:
Hiring manager – Jonas Hottöfjäll, Jonas.Hottofjall@husqvarnagroup.com
Recruiter – Rizah Ferati, firstname.lastname@example.org
Husqvarna Group is a global leading producer of outdoor power products including chainsaws, trimmers, robotic lawn mowers and ride-on mowers. Husqvarna Group is also the European leader in watering products and a global leader in cutting equipment and diamond tools for the construction and stone industries.
The Group’s products and solutions are sold under brands including Husqvarna, Gardena, McCulloch, Poulan Pro, Weed Eater, Flymo, Zenoah, Diamant Boart, Pullman Ermator and Jonsered via dealers and retailers to consumers and professionals in more than 100 countries. Net sales in 2016 amounted to SEK 36bn and the Group has around 13,000 employees in 40 countries.