CIO NORTHERN EUROPE TO THOMAS COOK
Do you thrive in a modern digital environment, and want to make a difference? In this role there’s good opportunity for continuous development in an international environment. Come on a journey with us!
Thomas Cook Northern Europe is part of Thomas Cook Group plc which is one of the world’s leading leisure travel groups listed on the London Stock Exchange (TCG). Thomas Cook is supported by 22 000 employees and operates from 16 source markets; it is number one or two (by revenue) in all its core markets. Thomas Cook Northern Europe operates in Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland with the tour operators; Ving, Globetrotter, Spies and Tjäreborg. In the Nordics the group sells around 1 500 000 trips a year. As a modern holiday company Thomas Cook Northern Europe offers both package tours with own flights and hotels, flexible package tours with scheduled flights, cruise packages and fitness packages, Formula 1 and football trips as well as individual airline tickets and hotel accommodations. Thomas Cook Northern Europe has an integrated business model; tour operators, airline and hotel business, are fully integrated and the four Nordic countries work closely together with joined processes.
As CIO Northern Europe you will provide positive and strong leadership, development and direction to management and staff within the Information Technology products and services for the Northern Europe business region (NE). This is a matrix role and the success will depend heavily on your ability to influence and work collaboratively with the IT horizontals.
You will be responsible for a large organization (150+) and its IT delivery, products and services.
Tasks and responsibilities
- You will be accountable for leading end-to-end delivery of all information technology products and services for the Northern Europe business region (NE).
- You will be accountable for delivery of scope, design, development, release and change management functions for NE IT programs as well as for some of the Group programs.
- You will work with the MD (NE) to agree levels of contribution to both growth strategies, budgets and speed to market imperatives.
- Your will be a part of the Northern Europe leadership and partner with colleagues to ensure cooperation between IT and ecommerce projects. You will also contribute to the strategic and operational direction.
- In conjunction with peers in TC IT you will facilitate development and maintenance of strategic plans for the business use of IT products and services by engaging with the business to understand its strategic direction and technology needs.
- Manage NE investments in information technology by:
- facilitating the development of NE annual IT budget (projects and improvements)
- allocating IT budgets in accordance with agreed priorities and business objectives.
- Collaborate with peers on the Information Technology unit’s Leadership Team to facilitate achievement of the Information Technology unit’s business objectives
- Provide positive and strong leadership, development and direction to management and staff within the Information Technology.
You will report to Director for Strategy & Technology Thomas Cook Group and be a part of the TC IT Leadership team. Flexibility to travel is a must since this role requires that you travel overseas a few days per month.
We believe that you have managed a large IT organization in a modern digital and complex international environment. You have profound experience from leading, managing and developing teams of technology professionals. It’s essential that you have the ability to meet business requirements through strong customer focus. You have experience from implementing technology solutions and driving change and you have developed functions with a global customer experience.
You have a broad knowledge within IT and from managing/leveraging key IT projects. Experience from WEB, digitalization and channel integration are of special importance in this role.
Your work language will be English and Swedish, which requires that you are fluent both in speech and writing. A suitable educational background would be a bachelor degree in Computer Science, business or equivalent.
In this role your personal characteristics will be of great importance. We are looking for an ambitious, positive and inspiring leader who wants to make a difference! You easily understand businesses and contexts and have the ability to analyze problems and find solutions. You are strategic, pragmatic and agile in your way of reasoning and you aim to simplify things.
As a manager and leader, you possess a high level of relationship-building and communication skills and have an excellent ability to coach and develop others. You are curious, creative and open-minded with high integrity.
Did we get you inspired?
In this recruitment Thomas Cook is working with Boxhill Recruitment. Please send us your application through the application button “Ansök här”.
We will be reading applications continuously so don’t hesitate to let us know if you are interested! Recruitment consultant Petra Törnblom will answer questions at email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application!