Data Engineer - IXAD Advanced Analytics
Scania is now undergoing a transformation from being a supplier of trucks, buses and engines to a supplier of complete and sustainable transport solutions. One big change on this journey is that Scania has to become a Data Driven Company, meaning utilizing our data assets in a more extended way to find new knowledge and use it in decisions, predictions, process improvement, strategic planning and more. Today we are extracting a lot of data from our vehicles and IT-systems to our Data Lake.
We are currently looking for Data Engineers. You will have responsibility for data management within advanced analytics projects, taking ownership for the architectural aspects as well as a strong focus on data quality and validation. You will also continuously find better and more efficient ways of working to support, develop, and grow the use of existing and new initiatives. You will work closely with different functions across the whole Scania organization as well as with external partners when needed to ensure data pipelines run smoothly and users get the best value from the tools and solutions delivered.
The Data Engineer will work closely with our Data Scientist within the advanced analytics projects but also with our Data Lake team to continuously improve and expand the prepared data sets in the Data Lake to accelerate all types of analytics.
Skills and Experience:
- Technical background in one or more languages such as Java, Python, R, SQL, Scala
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large datasets
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Experience of agile way of working is a plus
- Good English knowledge
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems
- You will need to be comfortable in a rapidly changing environment and able to navigate at a high rate of change
- You are curious and want to learn and understand more of the business challenges and find new possibilities to solve the same
- It comes natural to you to communicate and share knowledge with your colleagues
As a Scania employee you are, in addition to personal and professional development opportunities, offered benefits such as an option to sign an agreement for an employee car, mutual bonus, occupational pension, flexible working hours, lunch at reduced prices and much more. If you live in Stockholm, we offer a direct bus service between Stockholm City – Liljeholmen – Södertälje, Scania Job Express.
More information please contact
Pär Berg, Head of Advanced Analytics, Shared IT Services, +46 8 553 806 48, email@example.com
Your application should include a cover letter and a CV.