Middleware Lead Technician
The Infrastructure Delivery Team (IUAL) owns and maintains infrastructure for managed services and provision solutions to the Scania business used by delivery teams throughout our organisation.
These services provide application teams with the platforms needed to develop and host applications for business use. We develop and maintain infrastructure for all three tiers, presentation, application and database tier hosted on Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
To meet requirements and demands from Scania’s business functions while in parallel new exciting technologies are coming to the market, we need to strengthen our infrastructure platform development group with an experienced middleware technician that can take the lead within the application tier with focus on servers aimed for the Java stack who will work closely with our IT architects, Service Owners and internal customers to secure development, management and control for our current and future services.
You will have the overall technical responsibility for all our Java application server platforms at the infrastructural level, and will secure the strategy, development and implementation of technical roadmaps, deployment process and quality of delivery. In this work you will work together with a cross-functional team of other experts, Service Owners and architects. As we have a focus to rapidly expand in Open Source Solutions, you will be a key player in assessing new service options, design of new services and migration opportunities.
You will be placed in a dynamic, challenging international environment with opportunities for development in provider coordination, new technologies and new ways of working.
Your work amongst other will cover:
- Secure uptime, performance, supportability and security of our Java application server implementations and associated management tools
- Have full overview of our Java application server infrastructure, propose developments and improvements on our existing services, considering licenses, infrastructure consumption and capacity management
- Automation of standardized deployments
- Take technical ownership for initiation and design of new services such as Wildfly, Springboot and containers.
- Documentation of designs and setups, to facilitate knowledge sharing and understanding.
- Work with 3rd party Managed Services providers, both on- and off-shore
- Collaborate with VW and VW Group companies around application server standards and strategies for the Group
- Occasional involvement in resolution of major incidents affecting our business if such is desired
You have a relevant academic education or equivalent work experience in the area of work, in-depth knowledge of Java hosted application solutions like JBoss, WildFly, Tomcat, Spring Boot hosted on Linux and experience in management of large scale systems.
Deep knowledge about Linux based systems and a shell scripting skills.
Knowledge about automation with Ansible or equivalent.
Preferably you will have experience from other products and migrations, especially with regards to Open Source products and have a genuine interest in new technologies. You likely have worked as a infrastructure engineer or technical responsible. Having experience of Agile working is considered a benefit.
You are a team-player, structured, customer oriented with good communication skills, proactive, take initiative and ownership, and have the drive to move our services forward.
You are fluent in Swedish and English, both oral and writing.
Scania offers an open, diverse and inclusive working environment. In addition to personal and professional development opportunities, benefits such as company car, mutual bonus, occupational pension, flexible working hours, lunch at reduced prices and much more. If you live in Stockholm, we offer a direct bus service between Stockholm City – Liljeholmen – Södertälje, “Scania Go!” Job Express.
In case of questions, please contact Linda Östlund (Manager) +46 70 086 39 18 or Mikael Tammi (Recruitment Centre) +46 08 553 711 74.
Your application is to be accompanied with a personal letter, CV and relevant exams.