30 credits - Smart Factory / Digitalization
Ingress and background:
Scania Production System philosophy states that the company always shall work with continuous improvements of the production system to make it more effective and efficient. Currently, digitalization and smart factory are mentioned as the fourth industrial revolution. To be competitive Scania follows the industrial trends.
Scania has made several initiatives within the digitalization area. Systems are implemented and work methods developed. This research, method and tool development work is coordinated by Global Industrial Engineering Development which is responsible for developing and maintaining Scania’s common core competence within production engineering.
Target and assignments:
Scania has a Smart Factory – Truck and Bus Production Lab where new techniques are developed, illustrated and evaluated. Within this area we have a number of topic proposals:
- Factory scanning and layout planning
- Human robot collaboration and safety systems
- Logistics and bin picking
- Ergonomics and productivity balancing
- Digital test assembly in VR
- AR to secure quality and provide work instructions.
- 5g or wifi for communication (together with Ericsson)
- Model based definition for increasing productivity within machining
- Predicting and prescribing future using machine learning
- The environmental friendly factory
- Assembly line design for electrical driven vehicles
- Circular production system
The topics are suggestions. Projects may also be initiated based on students’ own interests.
Number of students: several
Start date: January 2019
Estimated time needed: 20 weeks
Enclose CV, personal letter and school-leaving certificate.
Selections will be made throughout the application period.
Lars Hanson, 08-55380272, firstname.lastname@example.org
Franz A Waker, 08-553 81602, email@example.com