1 dag kvar
The UX team is looking for a Concept Designer with a strong accent for ergonomy that will be responsible for conceptualizing strategic designs for our future products at our R&D department at ASSA ABLOY. You will ensure that designs of our products provide the best levels of efficiency, comfort and safety for anyone using them.
The position is based at Shared Technologies, our global innovation organization in Årstadal, Stockholm.
ASSA ABLOY is the global leader in door opening solutions, dedicated to satisfying end-user needs for security, safety and convenience.
ASSA ABLOY Shared Technologies is the Group's shared global innovation organization. We provide innovative, high quality, secure and usable technology platforms and global digital services to local product companies. We have offices in Stockholm (Sweden), Kraków (Poland), Gurgaon (India).
You as a concept designer will work as a part of the UX team, tightly collaborating with the engineers at our pre-product innovation department. In the pre-product innovation area, focus is mainly on five areas: sustainable energy solutions, wireless connectivity, software, identification and recently opened Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning.
As a concept designer you ensure that products are as safe and easy to use as possible. You communicate your ideas through 3D modeling or animation tools, as well as presenting a concept with help of pen and paper. Using proven talent and consistent conceptual thinking, you must communicate the ASSA ABLOY brand strengths in a new, memorable and persuasive way.
Moreover, this position requires that you can, together with our UX Researchers, test, analyze and validate the interaction between people and hardware conceptualizations, identify problems by observing and interviewing end users in our UX Lab.
Who You Are
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Translate business and marketing strategic objectives into concept designs that are clear, compelling, visually exciting and emotionally engaging.
- Ability to grasp technical concepts, a systematic approach to work and an interest in human behaviour can be helpful.
- Manage all aspects of a project, including testing and collaboration with third parties.
- Research creative trends in competitive markets and apply that knowledge.
- Self-manage internal deadlines and release dates.
- Work in cross functional teams.
- Great skills in CAD, Adobe package.
- Knowledge about Lean and Agile way of working.
- You must be fluent in spoken and written English, knowledge of Swedish is a plus.
Your Responsibilities Includes
- Assessing the design of products/systems via practical experiments and making them easier to use.
- Identifying problems by observing and interviewing individuals in particular environments.
- Ensuring that products/systems meet user needs.
- Collecting, analysing and interpreting data/statistics.
- Identifying possible improvements and designing/implementing appropriate solutions.
- Compiling and presenting information verbally and in writing.
Contact and application
Last day for application is 18:th of November.
For further information, contact Tomas Mundt-Petersen, Product Innovation Manager, +46 709 718 738
Let's open the doors to the future - together!
Working for ASSA ABLOY means that you will be part of a dynamic environment, developing innovative solutions to improve our customers' lives. As the global leader in door opening solutions we are using the latest technologies to open doors to events, hospitals, education, homes, hotels, airports and businesses. Joining ASSA ABLOY means being part of a fast-moving company with many opportunities.
Would you like to join us in opening doors of the future?