Development Engineer for Geometry Assurance and Testing
Scania is now undergoing a transformation from being a supplier of trucks, buses and engines to a supplier of complete and sustainable transport solutions.
As a development engineer within the group, Geometry Assurance and Testing, you will play an important role in realising one of Scania’s main strategies, Simulation-driven product development. The digital data created by the group, digital trucks, design environments and our own developed tools are essential for the design groups in their development work. They are also used by other cross-functions such as production, aftermarket as well as other simulation groups.
The group is currently comprised of ten development engineers who, along with most of their clients, are situated at the Scania Technical Centre in Södertälje.
You will be expected to
- be a team player where cooperation and learning from each other is a natural part of everyday life
- create good relationships with our cross-functions
- the ability to communicate with technology specialists and present new working methods, statuses and results at technology and project meetings in a satisfactory way
- engage in the improvement work both in-house and cross-functional to optimize our working practices and methods
What we can offer you
- A dynamic workplace with varied and challenging work assignments. We focus on a collaborative environment where everyone participates in driving projects forward. As a new employee you will receive the full backing and support from all team members.
- Continual improvement and professional development of employees is a priority for us. The further education of employees, via both internal and external courses, is encouraged and supported.
- Whatever your professional aspirations are, Scania’s varied and numerous career development pathways can help you achieve them.
You are a graduate engineer, or equivalent, with an interest in vehicles and computer programming who will thrive in a high paced environment with both individual and collaborative work tasks. A design background and understanding of Scania’s modular system and product structure would be an advantage. Experience of computer programming, and specifically VBA and SQL, is particularly meritorious.
For more information
Contact Paula Pukk, Group Manager, +468 553 855 48
About the job
- Title: Development Engineer for Geometry Assurance and Testing
- Business area: Research and Development
- Country: Sweden
- City: Sodertalje
- Last application date: 2019-02-03
- Job Id: 20190057
Scania is a world-leading provider of transport solutions. Together with our partners and customers we are driving the shift towards a sustainable transport system. In 2017, we delivered 82 500 trucks, 8 300 buses as well as 8 500 industrial and marine engines to our customers. Net sales totalled nearly SEK 120 billion, of which about 20 percent were services-related. Founded in 1891, Scania now operates in more than 100 countries and employs some 49 000 people. Research and development are concentrated in Sweden, with branches in Brazil and India. Production takes place in Europe, Latin America and Asia, with regional production centres in Africa, Asia and Eurasia. Scania is part of Traton Group. For more information visit www.scania.com.